Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Blog 26: Senior Project Reflection


1) Positive Statement

What are you most proud of in your 2-Hour Presentation and/or your senior project? Why?

I am most proud of being pretty much consistent throughout my senior project. I persevered through times of trouble and came through with fairly decent grades. I learned a lot of new information and I feel that I am now able to use my research skills to educate myself and make sure the information that I obtain is worthy. 

2) Questions to Consider

a.     What assessment would you give yourself on your 2-Hour Presentation (self-assessment)?

I would give myself a P for my presentation. Although I jumped around with my answers, I believe I gave good information that was from reputable sources. The content of my presentation was for the most part solid. My room was also decorated nicely. 


b.     What assessment would you give yourself on your overall senior project (self-assessment)?

P. My overall senior project has been well done. My interviews were from good sources, my presentations were pretty okay. I did a lot of mentorship hours of quality work and investment. I'd 

3) What worked for you in your senior project?

I didn't kill myself. 

4) (What didn't work) If you had a time machine, what would have you done differently to improve your senior project if you could go back in time?

I would not have procrastinated on my actual 2 hour presentation. It stressed me out more than it should have and it showed in my presentation. I also would not have taken a two month break from mentorship. I would have gone during those 8 weeks and had I of done that, I wouldn't had have to of gone for every day for two weeks straight. 

5) Finding Value

How has the senior project been helpful to you in your future endeavors?  Be specific and use examples. 

The senior project has allowed me to become less shy and come out of my shyness bubble. I feel comfortable talking with strangers (because of interviews) and allowed me to be professional and talk about my accomplishments confidently (exit interview.) I have successfully put my research into what I think is a fairly decent iSearch paper and form my thoughts and information into well put together sentences and into a well flowing research paper. Mentorship has allowed me to understand the importance of community and what helping others does. It leaves you feeling more involved as it helps out dozens of people all at once. The overall senior project has made me into a more confident and social person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment